This semester is going to be crazy. I don't know how much I'll be able to write here, but I wanted to let you all know how to pray for me this semester because I know I can sure use it.
1. Pray for my students. I'll be a GA (Graduate Assistant) this year and I'll be teaching first year writing as well as tutoring in the writing center. I'll have lots of contact with students and I'm excited about it. Many of them will be first year students and will be making the transition to college. Pray that the transition would go smoothly. Pray also that I would be able to speak into their lives and they would see Jesus in me.
2. Pray for my health. I get sick with a head cold usually once a semester. Pray that I would stay healthy as I will be on campus a lot and very busy. I will be doing my best to stay healthy (hand washing, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, taking vitamins) but I can't avoid germs completely. Students get sick and I'm in close contact with lots of them. Pray that my immunity would stay strong.
3. Pray for my commute. I travel over 100 miles on my way to and from school. Pray that I would stay safe and make it to school on time. I have a pretty tight schedule so getting stuck in traffic for long periods of time really isn't an option. Also, pray for the weather. Pray for safe driving conditions (no snow, ice, or torrential downpours). Those types of weather conditions make it hard to get to campus on time. And for all of you who want snow, you can pray for it during Christmas break. My last day of class is December 19th.
4. Pray for my energy level. Caffeine and I don't really like each other and I don't really want to get addicted. However, I have really long days on campus and will need to keep my energy up. Pray that I can do that naturally.
5. Pray for my relationships outside of school. With school life being so busy it's easy to forget about life outside of school. Pray that I would be able to maintain and cultivate the relationships I have outside of school and that I'll be able to have some sort of social life during the semester.
I'm sure as the semester continues I'll have more things that I want you to pray about and I will do my best to let you know.
Thanks for praying. If there's something I can pray for you about let me know in the comments here.
School has commenced.