Monday, November 19, 2012

Fog

The fog was super thick this morning as I drove to school and I began thinking about how my life feels foggy right now.  I couldn't see more than a couple car lengths in front of me when driving which has a tendency to freak me out just a little.  I drove even more defensively than I normally do.  I had to pay careful attention to the brake lights in front of me since I had completely lost my sense of where I was.

By the time I was half way through my commute, the fog was gone.  As I drove through downtown Detroit, it went from fog one minute to sunny blue skies the next.

And that truth is helping me in life right now.

Right now I feel like I'm in a life fog.  

I can't see what's going on ahead of me.  Everything is obscured in the fog and I'm having trouble seeing clearly.  But just like the sun dissipated the fog on my drive this morning, the Son (no, this isn't a typo) will dissipate the fog in my life eventually.  The best part is just like I was relying on the lights of the people's cars around me to tell me when I needed to stop, I can rely on Jesus to guide me through the fog so that I make it to the light.  I have my own personal guide.  While I may have lost my sense of direction for now, He hasn't.  He knows right where I am and where I am going.

Right now life is foggy, but it won't be foggy forever.  And even while it is foggy, Jesus will lead.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love you - Just keep trusting the fog will lift! - mom

Josiah said...

Jesus has a pretty good record of taking care of those who can't see. (^_-)