Sunday, November 25, 2012

Just tired...

I'm sitting here and I should be doing homework.  After all, I only have three rough drafts due this week.  Yet, I'm having trouble getting started on anything that I have to get done.  Partly because, honestly, I just don't want to do it now.  I feel like with everything that has gone on in the past few weeks I have expended all the energy I had placed on reserve for this semester.  I'm ready to be done.  I'm ready for December 20th to be here in all of its Christmas break glory.  I'm ready to work on different things, have a different schedule, and spend time doing what I want to do instead of what I have to do.

Don't get me wrong.  I love teaching.  I love what I'm studying.  I'm just tired.  And Thanksgiving break really isn't a break when you have three rough drafts due the next week and 24 portfolios to grade.

And as I type this, I'm reminded of this verse:

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

I'm resting in Him and counting down to the end of the semester.  3 1/2 more weeks...





No comments: