Friday, June 4, 2010

The Road Through Ephesus... The Plan Ephesians 1:9

Sorry about not posting again. I left the house yesterday at 8:45 AM and didn't get home until 11:30 PM and then I had to work again this morning. Yesterday was full of work and hanging with my best friend who is leaving me for 10 weeks this summer. Excited for her, but very sad for me!

Anyways, here is the verse for today.

Ephesians 1:9

"God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure."

I debated for awhile about whether to do this verse with the next one or by itself since the next verse explains what God's mysterious plan is. But I decided to blog about just the one verse today, but I'll let you in on a little secret... the plan is pretty good... actually it's downright amazing, but you'll find that out for yourself tomorrow :-)

One of my favorite parts of this verse is the first part... "God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan..." God isn't keeping his plan regarding Jesus a secret. It's for everyone. He's telling everyone what his plan is, his plan to fulfill his own good pleasure. Without giving too much away for tomorrow's post, his plan is Jesus. Plain and simple. It's not only regarding Christ, it is Christ. The best part is that the plan is available for everyone. No one is excluded.

In light of what the plan is, take a look at these verses.

Isaiah 47:10

"Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish."

Jeremiah 29:11

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Do you see that?? His plan is to give you a hope and a future. His plan is Jesus.

No comments: