Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Road Through Ephesus... Shine Ephesians 1:18

Today has been a long day. I got sent home early from work because I wasn't feeling well and now I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Seriously not how I wanted to spend my day. But now on to some good news.

Ephesians 1:18

"I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called-- his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance."

I love this word picture. Paul says that he is praying that the Ephesians hearts will be flooded with light. I think I love this most because of this: John 8:12 "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, 'I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." Paul was praying that the Ephesians would be filled with Jesus. And I know a thing or two about floods... we've had several in the last few years in our house. It's a lot of water. To even think that Paul is praying for Jesus to fill the Ephesians that much is mind boggling. I love it!!

And Paul is praying this so that they might understand the hope that Jesus brings. The only true hope there is. He wants the Ephesian church to fully comprehend the hope, power, and love that Jesus offers. The hope that Jesus gives each one of us when we come to him. It's a beautiful picture isn't it??

Check out the last part of that verse: "-- his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance." I know we've talked about his before, but just in case you didn't get it the first time: God thinks you're valuable. You are his rich and glorious inheritance. Remember that. Live it. And share it. Let others know their value to God. Let others see the Light that has flooded your heart. Let the Light that is within you shine.

No comments: