Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Road Through Ephesus... The Power of Christ Ephesians 1:19-20

Sorry for the long hiatus. Two weeks ago we did VBS down in Detroit and I was usually going right from work to home and then leaving again for VBS... it was a crazy, exhausting week, but a wonderful one as well. There were just not enough hours in the day to blog as well. And then the Saturday after the VBS finished I left for Orlando to visit my best friend who's doing an internship down there this summer. I didn't have internet access while down there so I couldn't keep up with blogging again. By the time I got home, it was the holiday weekend and I needed to recuperate from my vacation. But here I am once again. Are you as ready to jump into this as I am?!?!

Ephesians 1:19-20

"I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 2 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms."

This is amazing to me. Paul is praying that people will understand the incredible greatness of God's power. Do you or I truly understand the incredible greatness of God's power? Do we truly comprehend it? Does this truth even begin to penetrate our thick skulls? Because it's not just that God's power is incredibly great, it's also that it's for us who believe him. That incredible greatness of God's power is meant for us. It is meant to work in our lives. God's power is in US. Does that just blow your mind?!? Because if it doesn't consider how awesome that power is with the next part of the verse: "This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead..."

Do you see it? The power that is in you is the power that raised Christ from the dead. The power that is in you took death and made life. The power that is in you conquered death forever. That's how awesome God's power is. And the best part is it's in you. That same power can transform your life and bring your deadened heart back to life.

It reminds me of this verse in Philippians 4:13 "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." That strength that comes from Christ is the same strength that raised Christ from the dead. That strength is in you.

Wow. It causes me to wonder if I live like I have God's strength in me. Do I live like I have the life-changing power of Christ in me? The power that can raise the dead back to life? What about you? Do you live in that power? Do you live like God has given you the power?

Let's live it.

No comments: