Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Road Through Ephesus...Masterpiece with a Purpose Ephesians 2:10

So I am sick once again.  Head colds are horrible!  But I was so excited when I read the next verse in Ephesians last night that I just had to post anyway.  So bear with me if this doesn't make a lot of sense, I am fighting the fog.

Let's just jump right in, my brain isn't understanding "small talk".

Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

Wow.  Read that verse and just let it soak into your heart.  You are God's masterpiece.  I wanted to look up that word to make sure I understood what it meant.  Here's the definition I found, "a person's greatest work..." (dictionary.com).  You are God's greatest creation.  The icing on the cake.  The grand finale. The pinnacle.  You are a masterpiece.  If that doesn't just thrill your heart, I don't know what will.  And then look at what follows: the reason we are God's masterpiece.  "He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,..."  We are no longer disfigured from sin; we are created new. We are now to look like Jesus.  When God looks at us he sees Jesus.  How amazing is that?

And then the reason we are made new: "so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."  Wow.  He created us with a purpose.  He had a plan way before time began that involved you.  To me, that literally screams his love for me.  The creator of the universe had a plan for me.  Not just for the human race but for ME.  I'm not a number on a list.  I'm not just "that girl with the dark brown hair and eyes".  I'm not just one in 6 billion.  I was thought of before time began.  God put together a plan for me and my life way before I was born.  I was created for a purpose: to do the will of the one who created me.

Do I live out this purpose?  Do you live out this purpose?  Is every day a day that we wake up and say, "What good things do you want me to do today Jesus?" How do you live out your purpose every day?  I know that all too often I forget that I have a purpose.  Instead, I fret and moan and complain about the situations in my life that I don't understand.  When what I should be doing is the good works that God has prepared and planned for me to do.  When what I should be doing is encouraging, uplifting, and serving.  It means that I have to take my eyes off myself and put them back on my savior.  What a challenge for all of us to truly live like this.  To live like we have a purpose every moment of every day.

Let's live like we have a purpose.

No comments: