Monday, August 30, 2010

The Road Through Ephesus... Living Billboards Ephesians 2:7

It's really warm here today.  Like in the 90s warm. I much prefer it to be cooler than it currently it and am hoping that the temp drops a little for the rest of the week.  Anyways.  We are 5.6% done with the school year as of today.  There are days when I don't know if that is depressing or exciting.  But I'm going to try to look at it as a positive thing.

But enough about the weather and school... those are some pretty boring subjects.  Instead let's get started with some more Ephesians!!

Ephesians 2:7

"So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness towards us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus."

I don't know about you, but I love people examples.  I love people who I can look up to or who I can point out to others as someone they can look up to.  I love watching people live out their faith and knowing that they're looking a little bit like Jesus right then and there.  But even more that looking at other people as examples, I love being an example.  I love knowing that the way that I choose to love God and express that love for him may be pointing others a little closer to Jesus.  That's one of the reasons I think this verse is so cool.  God uses us as examples!  He has poured our an incredible wealth of grace and kindness and then uses us as examples for all future people to point out his extravagance.  We are walking billboards for the goodness of God.  Everything that God did for us in fusing us with Christ is an example of his goodness and mercy.

That is what is so cool about our stories.  Each one of us has a unique and personal story of our lives.  But the one thing that they should all have in common if we are followers of Christ, is that they should all point to God's mercy, grace, kindness, and redemption.  Our lives are to be examples of the goodness of our God.

But even as I type this, I have to wonder if my life is being an accurate "billboard" for God's grace towards us.  While I may have experienced it in my own life, an example or a "billboard" is meant to be shared.  It's not meant to be kept to yourself.  You can't be an example to anyone if you don't let people see what God has done in your life.  So that's the questions I keep coming back to.  Is my life a living example, a living billboard of God's grace and mercy, his kindness and mercy?

What about your life?  Do people look at you and see evidence of the goodness of God?  Or do you hide what God is doing in your life from the people around you?  

Let's be those living billboards.

No comments: