Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beginnings and Goals

So, I've been rather lax in writing. I know.  It's sad.  During this new year I decided on three goals.  So far I have not done well on any of them.  I'm hoping to start fresh with this new week upon us.  I decided that would be far better than waiting a whole year to try again.  Anyways, here are my three goals this year:

1. Write/Journal more. This isn't in relation to my blog, but rather to my personal writing. By hand. I'm horrible at it. I want to get better.  In fact, my original goal was to journal each day of 2011.  Right now, I'm aiming for 4-5 times a week, which is a vast improvement over last year and the year before that.  In fact, the current journal I'm using, which is less than half way used, I started in March of 2009. You do the math. So in faith, I bought 4 new journals.



2. Blog on a regular basis.  I can't blog everyday. It doesn't work with my schedule.  But I can blog more than I do now.  Which, if you think about it, shouldn't be that hard since it's been about a month and a half since I blogged last.  Let's say 2-3 times a week minimum. And if you don't see me blogging on here, you are free to send me comments to remind me that I made this goal.  Maybe some accountability will help.

3. Dive deep into God's word. Yep.  I don't want to do this just half way.  And my track record this year has already been, well, non-existent for the most part.  There's really two parts to this goal: my daily Bible reading/prayer/Jesus time and studying the Bible (which would happen a few hours at a time 1-2 times a week).  I just bought this book and I'm excited about what it says:


But there are tools you need to study the Bible, so I also bought all of these books:


And you really can't see them all that well in the picture, but there's a lot. And I'm excited. And you should be excited for me. Just saying.

So, it's a new year.  But even better, it's a new month, a new week, a new day, a new hour, a new minute, a new second, for me to start my goals.  I love that God gives us so many chances for new beginnings. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So, it's a new year. But even better, it's a new month, a new week, a new day, a new hour, a new minute, a new second, for me to start my goals. I love that God gives us so many chances for new beginnings."

I love this reminder. And I'm honestly sort of jealous of all your new big books. :) Praying for you and love you! (And now I'm off to blog as well...) :)