Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Road Through Ephesus... Spiritual Blessings Ephesians 1:3

Day three of insanity...I'm so loving every moment I get to write. Just FYI, I'm not really writing for you, I'm writing for me. I am getting so much out of diving into Ephesians verse by verse!

So here's the verse for today:

Ephesians 1:3

"All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ."

The first thing I noticed is that God gets all the praise in this verse. Not divided praise or half-hearted praise but all praise. Which causes me to ask myself the question, do I give God all the praise or only part of it? He deserves all of it. He died so that I might spend eternity with him. He loves me unconditionally without limits. Yet so often I forget that and give others the praise that only God deserves. How about you? Does God get all your praise?

But I think perhaps the part of the verse that makes my heart jump comes next: "who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ." God has given us spiritual blessings. What are spiritual blessings? Salvation, grace, mercy, love. God has blessed us with all of these and more. He doesn't give us just part of the spiritual blessings that exist, but rather every spiritual blessing. Every single one! And why does God gift us with these spiritual blessings? Because we are united with Christ. We belong to him. Because of his blood covering our sins we are united with him and because we are united with him we receive these blessings.

What spiritual blessings are you most thankful for?? What does a life full of blessings look like lived out?

No comments: