Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Promise plans

Today was a stressful day.  It was stressful for many reasons that I actually can't tell you, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Part of the reason it was/is so stressful is that I don't know what the end result will be. Which, when I stop and think about it, God never promised I would know.

And so today, I've been mediating and consumed with thoughts of his plans.  And several verses continued popping up in my head (and on my computer screen when I googled).  So as I reflect and trust what these verses say, I hope you will do the same.

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

Isaiah 55:8

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Jeremiah 29:11

"But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Psalm 33:11

 "The LORD Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand."

Isaiah 14:24

And that's the hope that I have.  That even though I don't know God's plans: He does.  And he's proven himself faithful in the past and he will continue to be faithful in the future. And this I know: Every promise of God is true. So I will trust him. 


No comments: