Monday, March 21, 2011

Trust

One of the first things that I do when I get to work in the morning is check out BibleGateway's verse of the day.  I love it.  It helps to set the mood of my day and when I get frustrated in the middle of the day, I steal a moment to stop in to my office to read it again.  It's so important for me to refocus throughout the day.  I take some time to reread the scripture from that morning and pray.  For my student, for myself, for the other students and staff I encounter everyday.

Anyways all that to say that I loved today's verse.  I love that I made it back to my office to read it at least three or four times today.  The verse was Jeremiah 17:7-8:


"But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.  They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Today this was a reminder to trust in God. To put my confidence and hope in him.  To rely on him.  Because I want to be like that tree.  I don't want to fear when hard times, stressful times, and times of testing come.  I don't want to worry when emptiness seems to come flooding in. I don't want to worry when I feel lonely or just dry and tired.  I want to bear fruit. I want to be healthy and grow.  I want God's blessing.

I want to trust.  And I'm working on it.  It seems to be going slowly somedays.  The days when I want to go back to my office (which happens to be padded/sound proof) and scream for a few seconds or minutes depending on my mood.  And then there's the days that are good.  The days when I'm ready to work for longer because my student is getting things, or the rest of the students are behaving and I get to have some fun with them.

Trusting isn't easy.  But it's necessary. And it's coming.  Slowly, but it's happening.

Thankfulness

127.  Long walks on nice days


128. Beautiful spring days


129. Co workers who understand what I'm going through


130. Drew "creating" signs :-)


131. March Madness Craziness


132. New shorts that fit and are smaller than last summer's


133. A new summer/spring wardrobe that looks like spring/summer


134. Sitting cross legged.... it just makes me happy


135. The chance to observe other interpreters work


136. Popcorn





137. Text messages that encourage, make me laugh, and point me to Jesus
























 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I needed this today. Thank you for sharing it, and linking to NOBH. Have a blessed day!

Craig said...

I’m here from Ann’s – even though it’s Thursday

First, a tree planted by water – heart that verse. And the growing of trust – I get it – I really do – not a straight line on the graph :)

I hearted them all but my favorite this week was: 136. Popcorn – just because there is nothing like the smell of it – how it wanders everywhere – almost limitless. This made me smile. Thank you.

God bless and keep you and all of yours this day.