Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Child-like

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday. In honor of the day, we're having green eggs and ham for dinner.  I am more than a little excited about this.

You make think it strange that a 22 year old gets excited about Dr. Seuss, but I enjoy kid things.  For example, the last time I went to the library I checked out two Veggie Tales DVDs, not for little kids I know, but for me.  I also contemplated some Donut Hole Man Videos while I was there.  Sitting in my room right now is a Veggie Tales coloring book, two Veggie Tales plush, and a 64 pack of Crayola crayons.  I did have play doh in there, but my sister likes that more than me so I gave it to her.

I enjoy having the chance to be a kid every once in a while.  When it's just been a really long and frustrating day, I love pulling out my crayons and coloring.

Matthew 18:3 speaks of the need for us all to become like children. No, we don't all need to watch Veggie Tales and color in Veggie Tales coloring books.  Look at what it says:

"Then he said, 'I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven."

That's how I want to live.  Like a little kid.  Realizing my need for a savior.  Believing that Jesus is who he said he was and that he will do what he said he will do.  Kids trust implicitly. Without question, hesitation, or reserve.  That's how I want to be in my relationship with Jesus: like a child.

No comments: