Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Road Through Ephesus... Go to God Ephesians 2:18

We have a snow day today.  And while I relish the chance to sleep in and the time to get stuff done that I didn't think I was going to be able to get done, I'd really like the snow to go away.  Even though it means allergy season (for me) is right around the corner. I'm ready for a change in the weather!

So anyways, the snow day is why I'm posting so much earlier than I normally do.  And I debated for some time about what to post about. I debated if I should deviate from normal and post about hugs and how much I like them just because I'm in a rather random mood, or if I should stick to posting about Ephesians because I'm pretty excited about this next verse.

For the record, I chose Ephesians (though I guess you also now know how I feel about hugs).

Ephesians 2:18

"Now all of us can come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us."

I love this verse.  I love the truth that is in it.  I love the reminder it gives me.  That I can approach God. That I can have a relationship with the creator of the universe. It's beautiful.  We have a confidence in approaching God (1 John 5:14).  We can go to him when we need something, when we are rejoicing, when we just need to talk.  We have nothing to fear in approaching him.

I love that.  I don't know about you, but my dad's pretty great.  I have no fear about approaching him.  Whether it's for a hug, to cuddle, or to talk something out, I know I can go to my dad.

It's the same with God.  Because of what Christ did for us on the cross, we can approach him without reservation.  Sometimes I just want to be near my dad, feel his strength and his love.  Sometimes the same is true with God.  I just want to be near him.  I want to feel his strength and his love and know that everything will be okay.  Because I serve a big God.  And while it may not work out exactly the way I want it to, just being near him is enough to calm my heart.

And I hope this post doesn't seem really random and like I jumped topics a lot, because I don't know about you, but I think I need to spend some more time going to God.

This week will you join me?  Will you spend time going to God, telling him what's on your heart, and just knowing that he is strong and loves you?  Because this is the same God that is with you, who is mighty to save, who sings over you with rejoicing, who's love calms and quiets you, and who is in the midst of everything you are going through (Zephaniah 3:17) .  Go to him.  You won't regret it.

No comments: