Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Alone and Still

Alone time.  As an introvert I not only crave it at times, I need it to survive.  I love being with people.  But I love spending time alone.  I think we all need it. Even if you aren't an introvert.  I just happen to be more in tune to the fact that I need it because I am.  But time alone is good.  Time to reflect.  Time to process.  Time to be quiet before God.

It can be really hard to be still in this world.  It's really easy to get caught up in our life and everything that needs to be done or that we want to do.  But our relationship with God is a two way street.  We need to listen and be still and stand in awe of him just as much as we need to talk to him.  Think about it.  When was the last time you were just enthralled by his beauty?  When was the last time you were breathless because of his power?  When was the last time you were still?

As much as I like my alone time, I don't always use it well.  I get caught up in doing things.  Or I waste the time by doing unimportant things.  When what I really need to do is just be still and worship.  When I really just need is to be still and know.

Psalm 46:10  "Be still, and know that I am God!"

No comments: