Sunday, May 15, 2011

Promises

I've had a pretty sweet weekend. My grandparents came to visit and we went to Shipshewana.  It was pretty fun even with all the rain. Also happening this weekend, I'm officially dating someone pretty special. And then today I helped my cousin make cupcakes.  It's always an interesting day to help him bake, but it's oh so much fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything.





























One of the things I loved about Shipshewana was all the Bible verses that were around.  There were all these plaques and decorative wall hangings with sayings (my grandparents' favorite was the multitude of ones that said "Always kiss me goodnight") and many with Bible verses.  Perhaps one of my favorites that kept showing up was from Isaiah 43:1.

"Do not be afraid for I have RANSOMED you. I have called you by name; you are mine."

I love it.

He knows my name.  He paid for me.  He says my name.  And I am his.  There is such power in that.  And so tonight, I read the rest of the chapter.  And let me tell you, I have this chapter underlined pretty well, but it never gets old. The promises in this chapter are amazing.  Go read it. You won't be sorry.  I sure wasn't.

I needed that reminder.  I needed the reminder of how deep God's love is for me.  Of how he ransomed me.  Of how precious he thinks I am. Of how he honors me.  Of how I've been chosen.  And of how he proclaims all of this to the world.

He doesn't keep his love for us quiet.  He proclaims it.  With every sunrise, every sunset, every rainbow, every budding flower, every scrap of color shouts his love for us.

I feel like there is just so much in this chapter and not enough room to type it all.  So read it.  Tell me your favorite part or parts. Share what God is teaching you through this passage.

And maybe I'll get back to it another night, but I want you to hear God's voice as you read this passage.  Not mine.  What is God teaching you tonight?

P.S. The cupcakes aren't quite finished and my camera battery is almost dead... so you'll just have to use your imagination... but they look good so far!

No comments: